Having a beautiful smile with straight teeth improves the confidence of adolescents and is a gift you can give to your child that will last a lifetime. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment is most commonly performed during the pre-teen and teen years.
We are aware that adolescents are involved with a wide variety of activities, including school, friends, dating, and sports. We are here for your questions and concerns regarding how braces will affect these activities. Whether you are interested in traditional braces or a more discreet aesthetic option, we are committed to providing your teenager with the high-quality, personalized orthodontic care he or she needs to enjoy a straighter, healthier, and more attractive smile.
Benefits of adolescent treatment include:
- Correctly aligned teeth are easier to clean and floss.
- The bone structure surrounding the teeth and roots is less dense in adolescents than adults. This often makes tooth movement easier and more efficient.
- Treatment time for adolescents is often shorter than adults.
- Expanding the dental arch can reduce the need for future permanent tooth extraction.
- By stimulating jaw growth, adolescent treatment can restore facial symmetry and aesthetics.
- Adolescent treatment minimizes the threat of damage to protruding teeth and minimizes excessive wear of certain teeth.
- Some bite issues, if not corrected during growth in adolescence, would require surgical intervention as an adult.
We invite you to contact our team today at 541-485-4466 to learn more about the orthodontic services we provide, and schedule your teen’s appointment with Dr. Jady.